Re: [#14748606] comp.databases.postgresql hierarchy

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <labs-groups2(at)google(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [#14748606] comp.databases.postgresql hierarchy
Date: 2004-09-29 07:32:41
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi Google Team,

Thank you for your reply. The comp.databases.postgresql.* hierarchy has
been there for many years now. I am unaware of any duplicates, however,
if someone has replicated the hierarchy elsewhere, then it is that copy
that should be removed.

With regard to the traffic level, as one of the PostgreSQL webmasters I
can see over 350,000 posts in our private archives over the last 8 years
or so - on average that works out at over 100 messages per day for the
hierarchy; a figure that is probably substantially higher than that now
given that the groups started with very little traffic and have grown
and grown over the years.

I would appreciate it if you would review the decision to suspend this
hierarchy.

Regards, Dave.