Re: Repost: Patch: view data for tables/views on

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <ian(at)uns(dot)ns(dot)ac(dot)yu>, <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Repost: Patch: view data for tables/views on
Date: 2004-09-24 08:39:28
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

I think 3 radio buttons would work the best - sometimes you just have to
bite the bullet and redesign the dialogues :-)

> but a higher limit is there to prevent
> memory exhaustion and application trashing should you choose
> to view a hypothetical million-row table.

Of course - I think it's a good idea, it just needs to warn the user
when it limits the recordset. Let's use the same default as the existing
setting, and keep the limits separate - I think that might be useful as
you suggest.

> That's fine by me -- I see pgAdmin as a very nice and useful
> tool, which is why I want to contribute to its development in
> the first place, and I realize the need for thoroughly
> discussing any proposed addition.

:-) I think you just happened to pick one of those topics that was bound
to cause some discussion!

Regards, Dave

pgadmin-hackers by date