Re: Installer Error

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>, <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Installer Error
Date: 2004-09-13 07:46:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Because initdb will fail with shared memory errors on anything but the
console iirc. No fixes were apparent when this was investigated (neither
was the cause in fact) so the check was added. If you or anyone else can
fix the underlying problem I for one would love to see a patch.

I would also note that I have come across other installers that do this
- Sophos Anti Virus for one, and iirc, Microsoft Exchange server.

Regards, Dave.