Re: [BUGS] postgresql 8.0b1 Win32 observations

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Justin Wyer" <justin(at)isogo(dot)co(dot)za>, "postgresql" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [BUGS] postgresql 8.0b1 Win32 observations
Date: 2004-08-21 20:08:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

NTFS checking is now coded into the installer which will only let you
install the data directory on an NTFS partition. The rest of the app can
be installed anywhere. I will commit a minor change in a minute that
will allow you to specify a non-NTFS partition, but only if you don't
automatically initdb.

This means that you should be able to install everything, but you will
need to login as your service user and manually run initdb (which you
would have to do with a zipped installation of course).

BTW, I still think running on FAT is a *bad* idea whatever you are doing
:-)

Regards, Dave.