Re: load project problems with pgAdmin II

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Donald Fraser" <demolish(at)cwgsy(dot)net>, "[pgADMIN]" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: load project problems with pgAdmin II
Date: 2004-08-17 07:56:51
Lists: pgadmin-support

________________________________

From: pgadmin-support-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
[mailto:pgadmin-support-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of Donald Fraser
Sent: 16 August 2004 22:58
To: [pgADMIN]
Subject: [pgadmin-support] load project problems with pgAdmin II

Hi,
I'm trying to load up the old pgAdmin II source but running into
some problems.

OK, you know we're not actively supporting pga2 any more, but seeing as
it's you... :-)

1) I have followed the instructions - uninstalled any
installations, registered the DLL's in the binaries directory and
pgAdmin2.exe runs ok from that directory.

OK.

2) I manually edit the pgadmin2.vbp file to ensure that the
paths to the Reference libs are correct, example:

Reference=*\G{00000200-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4}#2.0#0#..\..\..\..\Pr
ogram Files\Common Files\System\ADO\msado20.tlb#Microsoft ActiveX Data
Objects 2.0 Library

You shouldn't need to do that. It should use the guid's to find things -
in my experience the paths are more like comments.

3) I have Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 SP5 installed.

OK.

4) I attempt to open the Visual basic project file pgadmin2.vbp
and I get the following message:
Errors during load. Refer to
"C:\Projects\pgadmin\pgadmin2\pgadmin2\frmMain.log"
frmMain.log contains the following lines:
'0' could not be loaded
Line 0: The file
C:\Projects\pgAdmin\pgadmin2\pgadmin2\frmMain.frm could not be loaded.

I wonder if this is a unix/dos line endings problem. When you checkout
the files, make sure that dos line endings is switched on (this is an
option in WinCVS, dunno about other clients.

Regards, Dave.