Re: [HACKERS] Cannot initdb in cvs tip

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>,"PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>,<pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Cannot initdb in cvs tip
Date: 2004-07-28 08:50:14
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-patches

I'm pretty busy right now and can't guarantee I'll even be able to look
at this until Friday (I spent the last 2 days on pg stuff so need to do
some other things at work :-( ). If anyone has more time please shout,
otherwise I'll get to this as soon as I can.

> I wanted to keep a solution that was as native to the OS as
> possible, but because we can't do that on Win32 and few
> people like the unix system call to 'rm', it is time to clean it up.

Yup.

> One question --- why is there a sleep loop needed for unlink
> in your patch?

I don't know - which leads me nicely onto point out that it's not my
patch :-) I think it was Andrew that orginally wrote it - I just created
the patch to put it back in after it was removed.

Regards, Dave.

pgsql-patches by date

Next:From: Brian B.Date: 2004-07-28 09:07:46