Re: Adding a Server in pgAdminIII on Windows

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Eli Segev" <elisegev(at)copper(dot)net>
Cc: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Adding a Server in pgAdminIII on Windows
Date: 2004-07-16 14:47:16
Lists: pgadmin-support
Eli,

________________________________

	From: Eli Segev [mailto:elisegev(at)copper(dot)net]
	Sent: 16 July 2004 14:00
	To: dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org
	Subject: Adding a Server in pgAdminIII on Windows

	Dave,

	Is there a news group for pgAdminIII?

There is a support mailing list introduced at
http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/support.php#support_list

	I wonder if you can help with the following.  I have PostgreSQL
and pgAdminIII installed on a Windows XP machine.  PostgreSQL seems to
be running fine and I can access the database through psql.  When I try
to 'Add Server' in pgAdminIII, I get an error.  The values for the
server are in the attached JPEG file.  The error is:  Error connecting
to the server: FATAL: user "postgres" does not exist.  The user
'postgres' does exist on my machine and has an admin role.  What am I
doing wrong?

Are you sure it's not Postgres rather than postgres?

	As a side note:  I have not found this in the documentation.  I
have realized that user names for pgAdminIII should not include a space.
User names in Windows can include a space, e.g., 'John Smith', but they
are unacceptable to pgAdminIII.  It seems that pgAdminIII uses Unix name
convention.  Can this information be added to the Windows section in
'Help'?

Current pgAdmin snapshots will handle such usernames with no problems.

Regards, Dave

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2004-07-16 14:48:44