Re: Misc topics

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Misc topics
Date: 2004-06-22 16:20:54
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Not really a good idea for say, a 300MB backup though is it?

> >Whilst we're on that subject, most of my backups have .sql
> extensions -
> >any objection to adding that as a defaul extension in the file open
> >dialogue.
> >

> For backup only, not restore; we don't want to offer
> arbitrary scripts to pg_restore.

Mine are not arbitrary scripts. They are backups that happen to be in
plain text format, and have an appropriate .sql extension.

> >Finally, on a vaguely related note, I think we need to do some
> >re-factoring of the context and tools menus. Perhaps have a
> copy of the
> >tools menu as a sub menu of the context menu, rather than a
> seemingly
> >random inclusion of some items. Also, when items are active could do
> >with some though - for example, you cannot access the server status
> >when clicking a server node(!), only a database.
> >
> Well, if you insist we might enable server status on servers
> too :-) I admit we should have a look at the context menu. I
> deliberately left backup/restore out of it, because it's not
> so often in use, though it belongs there.
>
> Maybe we should *create* the context menu on-demand, instead
> of enabling/disabling. Disabled menus always signal "this
> item might be enabled under some circumstances", which is
> usually not true in that very context.

That's not a bad idea - the tools menu should remain constant of course.

Regards, Dave.

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: Tom BrowderDate: 2004-06-22 17:57:18