Re: What now?

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Alexey Borzov" <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "John Hansen" <john(at)geeknet(dot)com(dot)au>
Subject: Re: What now?
Date: 2004-06-18 09:38:56
Lists: pgsql-www

That's great - thanks Alexey :-)

> What's needed now is
> 1) Redesign

OK, I believe Gavin was working on that - it that still the case?

> 2) Content changes

Very little static content has probably changed (though it should still
be reviewed) - did you copy all the original content? Also, do you have
a script to migrate the latest versions of the db backed stuff.

> 3) Plan for website migration

Yes. Perhaps the biggest problem here will be the search engine which
will need to completely reindex the new site. Any gotchas there John, or
is that just a case of zapping the old URLs and re-crawling?

We will also need to update the search template.

Regards, Dave.