Re: Again, the requirement of password of dlgUser.cpp

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>, "Hiroshi Saito" <saito(at)inetrt(dot)skcapi(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Again, the requirement of password of dlgUser.cpp
Date: 2005-03-16 18:42:12
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Pflug [mailto:pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de]
Sent: Wed 3/16/2005 5:44 PM
To: Hiroshi Saito
Cc: Dave Page; pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org

Hiroshi Saito wrote:

>>2) Because it cannot be seen anymore, it should be confirmed

> ????

It cannot be seen on frmMain because that shows the encrypted password.

> Just look at the SQL page...

Yes, it is shown there, but as long as you don't view that tab, the casual observer will not be able to see the password. Few people are ever likely to look at that tab imnsho - even I only do when debugging.

I see no reason /not/ to include this patch - especially as Hiroshi has had multiple requests for it (as have I in the past).

I will properly review it as soon as I can.

Regards, Dave.