Re: "Stretchy" vs. Fixed-width

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: "Stretchy" vs. Fixed-width
Date: 2004-11-21 17:24:30
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi Josh,

Add www.microsoft.com to the list of variable ones :-)

I originally designed the current fixed-width site, which at the time various people liked, however, the one complaint that I think many of us kept hearing was that it should be variable width so ppl could utilise their screen real estate if they wished. Originally, Robert worked on just that update to the current site iirc.

Personnally, I don't care which way it goes, but based on feedback I've heard over the last couple of years, stretchy is definately preferred by others.

/D