Re: The desirable position of installation path arrangement of SUSE.

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>,<pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>,"Devrim GUNDUZ" <devrim(at)commandprompt(dot)com>,"ISHIKAWA Toshiyuki" <tosiyuki(at)gol(dot)com>
Subject: Re: The desirable position of installation path arrangement of SUSE.
Date: 2006-10-10 08:29:16
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Can you set DATA_DIR when you run configure? That should do the trick. If not, the paths are calculated in $SRC/src/base/appbase.cpp - you can see there how it figures out where things are.

SUSE is an RPM based distro though isn't it? Please use/modify the existing redhat spec file if possible rather than creating a new one.

Regards Dave.