Re: BUG #2644: pgadmin III foreign key

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <massicitte(at)libero(dot)it>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #2644: pgadmin III foreign key
Date: 2006-09-28 15:11:40
Lists: pgsql-bugs

OK.

> I create  the database with "New Database" and so on

OK, done here.

> When I Arrive to "New object" - "New foreign key"
> i can not complete the task because i have no recerencing
> column to choose from.

I see test1 and test2 when I select the referenced table.

> When you restore the backup on a template0 inherited db ,
> drop the schema public.

I have.

> It know that it could be stupid to drop the public schema but
> Some development platform like Sybase Powerbuilder refer to
> user schema  and not to public schema... so Someone could
> think of dropping public schema...

No, there's no reason to keep public if you don't need it. It's
primarily there foe backwards compatibility.

> To see the problem you have to disconnect an reconnect Before
> doing New foreign key.

I have done. pgAdmin allows me to define the foreign key from table1 to
table2, but upon clicking OK, gives the following error:

---------------------------
pgAdmin III
---------------------------
An error has occured:

ERROR:  there is no unique constraint matching given keys for referenced
table "test2"

OK

Which is exactly what I'd expect. In my previous testing, I defined
primary keys so that wasn't an issue. Can anyone else reproduce this
problem?

Regards, Dave

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Harry HehlDate: 2006-09-28 16:54:53