Re: [COMMITTERS] psqlodbc - psqlodbc: Fixed dllname of win32 ANSI: psqlodbca Unicode:

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>, "Hiroshi Inoue" <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] psqlodbc - psqlodbc: Fixed dllname of win32 ANSI: psqlodbca Unicode:
Date: 2006-08-30 07:20:10
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-odbc

Yeah, saw the MSDTC option.

Well, I can build with MSDTC support using VC++ 2k5 if people want,
however that will require shipping the VC8 runtimes as well. Do people
want that?

However, that said, nmake from VC8 crashes when creating the output
directory, and the debug build in the IDE fails with undefined symbols
in inouealc.c, and has no targets for the ANSI driver :-(

I'm afraid I'm rather busy (as usual) at the moment so don't have time
to look into these issues in depth.

Strangely I'm also seeing another odd error with VC++ 6.0 - if I don't
specify MSDTC on the command line I get:

C:\Documents and Settings\dpage\My Documents\CVS\psqlodbc>nmake /f
win32.mak CFG=Release

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 6.00.9782.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.

Building the PostgreSQL Unicode 3.5 Driver for Win32...

Using default PostgreSQL Include directory: C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\include
Using default PostgreSQL Library directory: C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\lib\ms
Using default OpenSSL Include directory: C:\OpenSSL\include
Using default OpenSSL Library directory: C:\OpenSSL\lib\VC
win32.mak(75) : fatal error U1023: syntax error in expression
Stop.

Which seems odd as MSDTC should get set by line 68 of the makefile...

> > Also, I notice that the ANSI builds identify their filename as
> > psqlodbc35w - perhaps that should be hacked in the RC file?
>
> Ahh..,Is it clarifying what was built by the variable?

Yeah we used to have some conditionals in the .rc file so that it
became clear which was the Unicode and which was the ANSI driver.

Regards, Dave.