Re: Packaging: wxWidgets 2.7

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>,"Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>,"Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: Packaging: wxWidgets 2.7
Date: 2006-08-29 13:31:07
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

wxAUI. One of the most common complaints I hear about pgAdmin is that it's an unattractive, old fashioned interface - especially when compared to some of the commercial products out there (which admittedly are mainly not cross platform). wxAUI allows us to update that look'n'feel with a modern docking UI. The standalone version of wxAUI (ie. Pre 2.7) works with a number of patches and hacks both to get it to compile and to get it usable. The version bundled with wx2.7 works out of the box for us.

Regards, Dave.