Re: Latest ODBC driver?

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Stijn Vanroye" <s(dot)vanroye(at)easytowork(dot)nl>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Latest ODBC driver?
Date: 2006-08-29 12:19:47
Lists: pgsql-odbc

As soon as Hiroshi Inoue let's me know that he's committed the
outstanding patches he was polishing off. I hope sometime this week.

> 2. On pgFoundry I can only find the psqlODBC 08.02.0002
> version. I already have the latest stable (08.01.0200)
> installed. But the upgrade.bat with the 08.02.0002 says that
> I must have the 08.02.xxxx installed from the official MSI
> installation. How can I safely upgrade/install the 08.02.0002
> version? And where do I find the "offical MSI installation"?
> I'm not that experienced in working with development
> snapshots and such ;)

Ignore that. Just uninstall the old driver and install the new. The
upgrade script is only there to upgrade to the latest 08.02 version.
Note that the driver name will probably change before release, but will
be set in stone once the first 08.02 stable release is out.

> 3. The problems we are having are related to lo (BLOB)
> fields. Maybe somebody can tell me if this is indeed related
> to the version of the ODBC drivers.
> I'm using Delphi in combination with ADO as a development enviroment.
> I make my databaseconnection using a TADOConnection
> component. Next I use a TADODataSet where I perform my
> database operations. I can't work with fields of the type LO
> because in delphi the fieldtype needed for this is a
> TBlobField, but the real problem is that all lo fields get
> recognized as a TIntegerField. This means that I can't use
> any of the operations for working with BLOB's... I don't know
> if it are Delphi's ADO components who incorrectly recognize
> the fieldtype, or the ODBC driver, or the backend. We have
> worked with Delphi, ODBC and BLOB fields before without
> problems. We started using the 08.01 branch along with the
> 8.x backend, since this one is the first one available for
> Windows. It could be a change in the ODBC, or the backend, I
> don't know. Any tips or clarification to put me on the right
> search path would be welcome.

I never used BLOBs (or Delphi) so cannot help with that I'm afraid.

Regards, Dave.