Re: Scheduling a backup job (was: pgAdmin III v1.4.3 released)

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Christian Hozee" <Christian(dot)Hozee(at)rivm(dot)nl>
Cc: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Scheduling a backup job (was: pgAdmin III v1.4.3 released)
Date: 2006-07-20 10:18:28
Lists: pgadmin-support

Please post support request to the list, and don't hi-jack
innappropriate subjects!

On Unix? Simply create a job with an appropriate schedule, and add a
batch/shell step to do the work. You can either just call an external
script, or write the script into the step itself, e.g.

#!/bin/sh

/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_dumpall -h 127.0.0.1 -U postgres -p 5432 >
/var/backups/mydbdump.sql

On Windows, just use batch syntax instead of shell, and in either case,
specify the complete set of options the pg_dumpall (or pg_dump) requires
to dump the required cluster.

Regards, Dave.