Re: pgAdmin corrupts pgpass.conf on windows

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "George Pavlov" <gpavlov(at)mynewplace(dot)com>,<pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin corrupts pgpass.conf on windows
Date: 2006-05-15 23:00:06
Lists: pgadmin-support

No, this is not a known issue - at least not one I've ever seen.

> Are there any plans to fix the problem? Is it at all possible
> to change the behavior so that psql and pgAdmin to not rely
> on the same pgpass.conf? Is there any configuration variable
> that I can set for pgAdmin to make it point to a different pgpass.conf

No, because it's libpq that actually reads the file, not pgAdmin.

> As an example, below is my actual pgpass.conf file as of
> today after a few battles between pgAdmin and psql for
> control over it (I have changed usernames and passwords to
> protect the innocent). And no, I do not have a server named
> "7" -- these are just truncated garbage lines inserted by
> pgAdmin. the sequences of #s are places where pgAdmin has
> deleted the lines after the comment, so it used to look like this:

If you remove your file altogether and just let pgAdmin manage it
itself, does it then corrupt it as well?

What characterset/locale etc. does your copy of Windows run in?

Regards, Dave

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: George PavlovDate: 2006-05-15 23:51:12
Previous:From: George PavlovDate: 2006-05-15 22:17:02
Subject: pgAdmin corrupts pgpass.conf on windows