Re: Altering pgAdmin for personal use (UNCLASSIFIED)

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Crowson, Sarah J Ms \(Contractor\) Northrop Grumman" <Sarah(dot)Crowson(at)us(dot)army(dot)mil>,<pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Altering pgAdmin for personal use (UNCLASSIFIED)
Date: 2006-05-04 16:20:42
Lists: pgadmin-support

________________________________

	From: pgadmin-support-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
[mailto:pgadmin-support-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of Crowson,
Sarah J Ms (Contractor) Northrop Grumman
	Sent: 04 May 2006 16:21
	To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
	Subject: [pgadmin-support] Altering pgAdmin for personal use
(UNCLASSIFIED)

	Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
	Caveats: NONE

	Hey All

	Im a newbie to pgAdmin,  but so far it seems like a superior
product.  My group does specialized things with our databases that I was
hoping to add into pgAdmin.  First I was making sure there was no rules
against this (I don't want to commit a NO NO),

You can do whatever you like within the terms of the licence
(http://www.pgadmin.org/licence.php). If you are only using the modified
version within your own organisation, and not distributing it to anyone
else, you are basically free to do whatever you like.

	 and also I was wondering if I could get the specifics on how
you are setting up pgadmin.   What type of machine and C++ compiler are
you using, etc.   Any of this stuff will, because honestly I am a better
DBA then a C++ programmer. GRIN.

pgAdmin will run on Windows 2000/2003/XP, Mac OSX, Linux, FreeBSD or
Solaris. On Windows we use Microsoft VC++ 6.0, and on other platforms
GCC. See http://www.pgadmin.org/download/source.php more more details on
setting up a build environment.

Regards, Dave.

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Jan ZachDate: 2006-05-04 16:20:50