Re: Problem with saving files in pgadmin 1.2.2

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Irvin Boschmann" <iboschmann(at)theInformationForge(dot)com>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem with saving files in pgadmin 1.2.2
Date: 2006-04-24 21:44:45
Lists: pgadmin-support

________________________________

From: pgadmin-support-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
[mailto:pgadmin-support-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of Irvin
Boschmann
Sent: 24 April 2006 21:56
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] Problem with saving files in pgadmin
1.2.2

Hello:

I just received this from one of our developers that is using
pgadmin to create and run SQL scripts. She is using version 1.2.2

One of the functions had a little box in the comment in place of
a single quote. With that replaced with a single quote pgadmin saves the
file. Otherwise it doesn't complain but not only does it not save the
file is empties what is there.

Could you let me know if this is a known issue and if newer
version have fixed this.

It may well have been fixed, as some of that code has been rewritten.
Please have your dev download and test 1.4.2. I can't recall if it's in
1.2.2, but under File -> Options you might also try the 'Read and Write
files in UTF8' option.

Regards, Dave.