Re: view data causes pgadmin to hang or die

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Miha Radej" <miha(dot)radej(at)siix(dot)com>
Cc: "pgadmin-hackers" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: view data causes pgadmin to hang or die
Date: 2006-03-30 07:16:05
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

OK, that's what I was expecting to happen.

> A few days ago when I hadn't had the latest build the "Query
> tool" had
> worked. But that may have been due to the fact that no matter
> what I had
> set for "Max rows to retrieve", I'd only get 101 rows. I now get
> everything, including the crash :)

Well, the query tool was recently changed to use the same grid control
as the view data tool, however even if you had a post-change version I
think the problem was being masked by the auto-truncation of the results
that only happens in the query tool.

> And what is even more strange, the original table (I've been playing
> with copies of it) grew for a few records and now everything
> works fine
> - both "View data" and "Query tool". I don't know what to make of it.

Now that's really weird. I don't suppose you still have a copy of the
data prior to the changes do you? Is it something you can let me see?

> Thank you for your time and help!

You're welcome.

Regards, Dave.

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: Miha RadejDate: 2006-03-30 10:44:59