Re: Future versions of psqlODBC

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Andreas" <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Future versions of psqlODBC
Date: 2006-03-21 08:21:20
Lists: pgsql-odbc

It includes features such as Updateable cursors and savepoint support.

> Who would be encouraged to switch and the 07-branch anywhere
> near to be
> considered stable for productive use?

Dunno yet - it hasn't had particularly widespread testing.

> Is it faster transfering data with office apps like Access?

Also unknown at this point.

> An informed pointing finger was nice. ;)

Well when the time comes we will point users in the right direction, but
at the moment the choice is from a developers perspective, which driver
provides the best basis for future versions? It appears that the
enhanced 07.03 branch is most peoples choice, so we will look at basing
future versions of psqlODBC on that. At the moment though 08.01.0200 is
the officially supported version.

Regards, Dave