Re: ODBC Driver Version Compatibility with PostgreSQL Database Cluster Version

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Anne Roberts" <aroberts(at)opushealthcare(dot)com>, <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC Driver Version Compatibility with PostgreSQL Database Cluster Version
Date: 2006-02-13 08:32:42
Lists: pgsql-odbc

________________________________

From: Anne Roberts [mailto:aroberts(at)opushealthcare(dot)com]
Sent: 10 February 2006 19:07
To: Dave Page; Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: ODBC Driver Version Compatibility with PostgreSQL
Database Cluster Version

Dave,

Thank you for your response.

With this message, I've copied the psqlODBC mailing list, per
your directive.

To answer your question about the sort of incompatibility that I
(and others) have observed, it has been with a psqlodbc 7.03.01.00
driver (possibly 7.03.02.00 as well) and a PostgreSQL 8.1.2 database
cluster. Some type of connection seemed to be made with the cluster, but
the following error message was displayed when attempting to access
actual databases:

Perhaps this is not a driver/database cluster incompatibility
issue. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Ahh, well people usually need to use older versions of PostgreSQL with
newer versions of psqlODBC, not the other way round. Just use psqlODBC
08.xxxx with PostgreSQL 8.x.

Regards, Dave