Re: Slow query through ODBC

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Ludek Finstrle" <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>, "Arnaud Lesauvage" <thewild(at)free(dot)fr>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Slow query through ODBC
Date: 2006-01-25 12:16:20
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Arnaud,

When you are testing, please make sure that the psqlODBC's mylog and
commlog are switched off, and that SQL Tracing is turned off in the ODBC
control panel applet.

Also, please note that pgAdmin has very lightweight data access classes
written over libpq - much more lightweight than the ODBC driver. Most of
the overhead in pgAdmin comes from rendering the data in the grid
control.

Regards, Dave.