Re: Lost instrumentation functions

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Joost Kraaijeveld" <J(dot)Kraaijeveld(at)Askesis(dot)nl>, "PgAdmin-support" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Lost instrumentation functions
Date: 2006-01-22 08:51:02
Lists: pgadmin-support

Weird.

> Recompiling and reinstalling does not restore the
> functionality. I have
> looked in the log files of PostgreSQL and PgAdmin for clues
> but I cannot
> find anything.
>
> What can I do to:
> 1. Better diagnose problems with non-loading/working PostgreSQL
> libraries?

Darned if I know. I've had a heck of a job diagnosing this sort of
problem in the past :-(.

> 2. Get the instrumentation functions working again?

Do the function definitions actually exist in your master database? If
so, do they work? Try 'select * from pg_logdir_ls()' to test. If so,
then it would appear that pgAdmin just isn't detecting them for some
reason.

Regards, Dave.