Log msg

From: "Jie Liang" <jie(at)stbernard(dot)com>
To: "Jie Liang" <jie(at)stbernard(dot)com>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Log msg
Date: 2004-05-17 19:15:51
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,All,

How to config log file to log statement without CONTEXT stuff? I want
log query, but not the detail unless there is a problem,
e.g. Delete aaa from mytable where mysqlfunction(bbb);
I want log this statement,
but not any CONTEXT inside mysqlfunction, because it will easily filled
up my disk if mytable have millions of entries, meanwhile, the log file
become useless.
But if I set log_statement = true, log file will log millions of
statement in mysqlfunction, but I set log_statement=false, log file
won't log query at all.
Simply say, I want log what I execute(my query), but not how execute
(process) .

Jie Liang

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

  • Re: Log msg at 2004-05-17 23:12:23 from Gaetano Mendola