Re: Line length in pl/pgsql function

From: "David Olbersen" <DOlbersen(at)stbernard(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Line length in pl/pgsql function
Date: 2004-03-17 19:50:44
Lists: pgsql-sql

Tom Lane wrote:

> Hmm ... plpgsql had some string-length issues as recently as 7.2.2, but
> I don't know of any problems since then. Could you submit a *complete*
> test case, rather than making us guess the details?

Sure. I didn't want to dump a huge email to have somebody say "Addressed in 7.3.5" :)

PostgreSQL version...: 7.3.4
Compiled with........: gcc 2.95.3
Architecture.........: Intel Pentium III
Operating System.....: FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE

Reproduction
--------------
1) Connect to the database using psql
2) Attempt to create a return type and function using:
\i test_ratedby_category_lang.plsql

The errors from psql are attached as psql-errors.txt
The file with the function is attached as test_ratedby_category_lang.plsql
The postgresql.conf and current postmaster.opts are attached as well.

I can send syslog output as well, if desired, at any debug level (I don't know what's appropriate).

I tried reproducing the bug before I composed this message and it didn't break in the same way as yesterday. That's not very helpful -- but it did still break with the same error message (as seen in psql-errors.txt) but my syslog output was different. I can attach both if that's helpful.

Any more info needed?

--
David Olbersen
iGuard Engineer

Attachment Content-Type Size
psql-errors.txt text/plain 1.9 KB
test_ratedby_category_lang.plsql application/octet-stream 7.7 KB
postgresql.conf application/octet-stream 5.0 KB
postmaster.opts application/octet-stream 47 bytes