Re: Prepare Statement

From: "Jie Liang" <jie(at)stbernard(dot)com>
To: "Kris Jurka" <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Prepare Statement
Date: 2004-06-18 16:43:38
Lists: pgsql-jdbc pgsql-sql

Nope, I think you are right. The improvement of performance will be
minimal. Because that to parse "SELECT * FROM myfunction(?,?,?)" is very
very quick.
However, I am still thinking if I call one SELECT and one DELECT and one
UPDATE and one INSERT a thousand times against same table with different
arguments, should I consider performance iusse?

Secondly, I assume the function should be a pre-compiled object stored
on server side, doesn't it.

Thanks.

Jie Liang