Re: remote connection problem

From: "Ilija Vidoevski" <ilija(at)fructal(dot)com(dot)mk>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: remote connection problem
Date: 2012-05-17 07:38:02
Lists: pgsql-novice

Thank's Michael.

How can I be so blind. Connection is made.

But speed through LAN is disaster.

On the PC where postgresql server is installed, postgre is little slower
then MS SqlSerever 2008 r2 express (same tables, same indexeses, same
query).

But when I run app on client PC retrieving data from server is very, very
slow. On server PC report finish for 2-3 sec, but on client PC about 1 min.

On the server is also installed MS SqlSerever 2008 r2 express, and there is
not great differences in speed to get data (from server or client PC). From
server PC 1-2 sec and from client PC 2-4 sec.

Ilija