Re: foreign data wrappers

From: Zheng Yang <zhengyang4k(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Shiv <rama(dot)theone(at)gmail(dot)com>, Selena Deckelmann <selena(at)chesnok(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, pgsql-students <pgsql-students(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: foreign data wrappers
Date: 2011-03-27 12:51:21
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-students

Hi,

I managed to clone a copy of 9.1devel and compiled an binary from it. I also did a make in the 'contrib/file_fdw/' folder and a file_fdw.so file is generated.

But the following error occurs when I was trying to experiment with the file FDW:

postgres=# CREATE FUNCTION file_fdw_handler() RETURNS fdw_handler AS 'file_fdw' LANGUAGE C STRICT;
ERROR: could not access file "file_fdw": No such file or directory
STATEMENT: CREATE FUNCTION file_fdw_handler() RETURNS fdw_handler AS 'file_fdw' LANGUAGE C STRICT;
ERROR: could not access file "file_fdw": No such file or directory

Did I miss anything?

ZY