Re: CANNOT CREATE A TABLESPACE

From: Charles Simard <tech(at)denarius(dot)ca>
To: 'JORGE MALDONADO' <jorgemal1960(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CANNOT CREATE A TABLESPACE
Date: 2008-07-24 17:14:41
Lists: pgsql-novice
|> -----Original Message-----
|> From: pgsql-novice-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
[mailto:pgsql-novice-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org]On Behalf Of JORGE MALDONADO
|> Sent: 24 juillet 2008 13:07
|> To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
|> Subject: [NOVICE] CANNOT CREATE A TABLESPACE
|>
|> I am trying to create a new Tablespace without success. I am using
PostgreSQL 8.3 and pgAdmin III v1.8.2 in a Windows XP |> Professional
environment with the following steps:

|> 1. I create an empty directory called c:\pgppdata using Windows Explorer.
|> 2. I right click on Tablespaces in pgAdmin III interface and select New
Tablespace
|> 3. I give it the name e_restdelivery
|> 4. In location I type c:\pgappdata (the directory created in step 1)
|> 5. In owner I select postgres and click the OK button.
|> 6. I get a message saying *** ERROR: could not set permissions on
directory "c:/pgappdata": Permissiond denied ***

|> Note that the slash in the message is not the same I use in step 1; I
have used both in the first step with the same result.

|> Please advice.
|>
|> With respect,
|> Jorge Maldonado

Give appropriate permissions to your Windows postgres user on your pgppdata
directory.

Regards,

Charles Simard