Allow vacuumdb to only analyze

From: decibel <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Allow vacuumdb to only analyze
Date: 2009-05-24 02:31:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

One of the talks at PGCon (update in place?) recommended running
vacuumdb -z to analyze all tables to rebuild statistics. Problem with
that is it also vacuums everything. ISTM it'd be useful to be able to
just vacuum all databases in a cluster, so I hacked it into vacuumdb.

Of course, using a command called vacuumdb is rather silly, but I
don't see a reasonable way to deal with that. I did change the name
of the functions from vacuum_* to process_*, since they can vacuum
and/or analyze.

The only thing I see missing is the checks for invalid combinations
of options, which I'm thinking should go in the function rather than
in the option parsing section. But I didn't want to put any more
effort into this if it's not something we actually want.

Attachment Content-Type Size
patch application/octet-stream 13.0 KB