Grant select on view

From: thiemo <thiemo(at)gmx(dot)ch>
To: pgNovice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Grant select on view
Date: 2002-03-31 08:32:55
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,

I try encapsulate my db in views such that users access it by the views
and only get to see the rows they are allowed to. However, I created a
view and put select select ricghts on it for the respective users, but a
select on it ends up with a permission denied. So, I granted select
rights on the base table, but to no avail. A select by the users on the
base table is no possible, but on the view it stays denied.

What have I overlooked?

Thx

Thiemo

--