Re: development questions

From: David Costa <geeks(at)dotgeek(dot)org>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: development questions
Date: 2004-02-16 15:36:31
Lists: pgsql-www

On Feb 16, 2004, at 4:18 PM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

>> If the main issue is time for the www leaders, like you and Marc,
>> would
>> it help if someone (me) could make a voluntary donation (in money)
>> which can be used to further enhance some parts of the site? This
>> could
>> pay your time or Marc's time as if it was a professional assignment.
>
> One of the major "problems" right now isn't so much time as it is
> appearance of things being done ... right now, Steve and Elein are
> working
> on bricolage to fix/replace the techdocs site ... Andreas(sp?) is
> working
> on some core backend changes for www to deal with language issues ...
> and
> Dave/I just finished some major overhauls of both the search engine and
> the list archives ...

Great! Still, if at any stage you need some support for a new hard disk
or anything which goes
to PostgreSQL count on my possibility to donate.

> Until Andreas is finished, we are kind of holding off on any major
> changes that would make his work that much harder ...
>
> Now, from what I've heard/seen of the work Alexey is working on, I've
> heard no negative remarks on it, so once the rest is ready, there
> should
> be no problems with upgrading to it ...

Sounds great. From my side I am just doing some little experimenting
with XML and I will post something official once I see it working :D
As I said is not something that should be adopted. Just some ideas.
Thanks again for your time,
Regards
David Costa