Getting the command line to work

From: "Paul Jordan" <pjordan(at)oxy(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Getting the command line to work
Date: 2008-05-21 17:43:33
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Hi. Perhaps this isn't the proper place to send this, but it's the only
address I have. I've installed postgres and I'm trying to use the
command prompt to create a database (PGAdmin III having failed miserably
at the task). The documentation I'm working with, created by people I
trust know what they're doing, says that I should enter the following:

"createdb qf_local -U postgres -W -h localhost"

But when I do that, it tells me that there are too many command line
arguments and it fails.

What am I doing wrong? I've never worked with DOS before, so my error
might even be blindingly obvious, but I have no idea what it is. Any
help you could give me in getting postgres to do what it's supposed to
do would be marvelous.

Many thanks,

Paul Jordan
Digital Archivist
Occidental College

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2008-05-21 18:05:46