Re: duplicate key violates unique constraint

From: Carol Walter <walterc(at)indiana(dot)edu>
To: Jim Nasby <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
Cc: "Spiegelberg, Greg" <gspiegelberg(at)isodxsolutions(dot)com>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: duplicate key violates unique constraint
Date: 2007-05-11 13:23:38
Lists: pgsql-admin
Yes, I've seen "serial" used in other places than the primary key,
but I was referring to Greg's output.  The data type for the sequence
is listed as "bigint".  My thought was that the data type was listed
as "serial" for sequences.  I just looked at my database and I was
wrong about that.  It does list the data type as an integer when you
"describe" the table.

Carol