Incorrect Total runtime Reported by Explain Analyze!?

From: "Jozsef Szalay" <jszalay(at)storediq(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Incorrect Total runtime Reported by Explain Analyze!?
Date: 2006-01-26 15:50:29
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hi All,

I have seen it on occasion that the total runtime reported by explain
analyze was much higher than the actual time the query needed to
complete. The differences in my case ranged between 20-120 seconds. I'm
just curious if anyone else has experienced this and whether there is
something that I can do to convince explain analyze to report the
execution time of the query itself rather than the time of its own
execution. Engine version is 8.1.1.

Thanks for the help!

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Craig A. JamesDate: 2006-01-26 16:12:45