Re: $ initdb -D /usr/share/postgresql/data

From: "Henshall, Stuart - Design & Print" <SHenshall(at)westcountry-design-print(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: 'pevee' <clkuan(at)greenpacket(dot)com>, pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: $ initdb -D /usr/share/postgresql/data
Date: 2003-01-14 10:57:09
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
pevee wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>     Following the setup instruction at:-
>>
>>     http://www.ejip.net/faq/postgresql_win_setup_faq.jsp
>>
>>     I am stuck at step 3, when typing $ initdb -D
>>     /usr/share/postgresql/data I have install Postgresql but there
>> is no such /data folder.
>        I am not able to continue with any command afterwards.
>>     Hmmmm, have I miss out a step?
>
>        Do I need to ./configure Postgresql ? Or Cygwin has
> done it for me?
>>
>>     Please advice :)
>>
>> Thank you
>> Calvin

Check /usr/doc/Cygwin/postgresql-7.3.README for more info, but my first
thought is do you have the ipc-daemon running?
When you say nothing else works, do you mean initdb just seems to freeze
part way and if so at what part? Or does it actually return, and if so with
any messages?
- Stuart

DISCLAIMER:The information in this message is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this
message by anyone else is unauthorised.  If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any
action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be
unlawful.  Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this
message in error. Thank you.

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: Andrew KlimovDate: 2003-01-14 13:30:26