RE: Call for porting reports

From: Horák Daniel <horak(at)sit(dot)plzen-city(dot)cz>
To: "'Thomas Lockhart'" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Call for porting reports
Date: 2000-04-03 11:51:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> > > WIN9x (Magnus Hagander, v6.4, client side only. Still good?)
> > That should probably read Win32 - it's WinNT/2000 too. And
> WinNT client
> > libraries compiled using Cygwin will not work on "native NT".
> > I've compiled and tested 7.0beta3, looks good (client side only).
> >
> > > WINNT (Daniel Horak already reported for v7.0. Thanks!)
> > That shuold probably be called WinNT/Cygwin or something,

It is possible to call it WinNT/Cygwin because there can be a port using
UWIN or even a "native" port.

> since it's not
> > really Win32/NT.
> > Oh, and has it been tested on Windows 2000? If not, I can
> probably throw
> > together a test sometime this week.
>
> Thanks for the info. I'll update the entries. I can't remember if
> Daniel was testing on W2K or on something else. Daniel?

I have not tested pgsql on W2K, but I am testing Win95 and it looks
promissing - it is possible to run initdb, start postmaster and only a newly
created backend dies (with segfault) after it receives a connection from a
client. And such an error could be solved (I hope ;-). It has no problems
with the IPC stuff.

			Dan