Senior Software Engineer - Database, Pandora.com, Oakland, CA

From: Casey Duncan <casey(at)pandora(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Senior Software Engineer - Database, Pandora.com, Oakland, CA
Date: 2006-11-08 00:35:38
Lists: pgsql-jobs
Senior Software Engineer - Database, Oakland, CA

Pandora Media is looking for a very knowledgeable database developer
with significant experience designing and integrating complex,
reliable, high-performance distributed systems. You should have a
deep understanding of database systems, systems programming, and the
factors that affect distributed system performance. We prefer
experience with PostgreSQL, but equivalent experience in Oracle or
MySQL is acceptable. You must be capable of managing your time well
and working efficiently without close supervision. Excellent
communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.

As a member of our engineering team, you will participate in design
decisions to help create the company's core software assets; plus,
you'll have fun doing it! We've built a complex cluster around
PostgreSQL for scalability and high availability. The demands on this
system are increasing rapidly as we grow and add more functionality.
You will be expected to come up to speed quickly on difficult
problems, become a significant contributor to a hard-working team,
and to take pride in your work. We have high expectations and are
looking for seasoned software engineers with experience in a wide
range of areas. This is not an entry-level position.

Requirements

- Minimum 5 years experience developing database infrastructure for
mission-critical applications
- Minimum 5 years experience developing software with C, Python and/
or Java
- Strong shell scripting skills
- Experience with large databases (>1TB)
- Experience developing stored procedures (PL/SQL,PL/pgSQL)
- Experience supporting redundant systems with 24X7 availability
requirement
- A deep understanding of database design principals
- Thorough knowledge of current hardware systems, RAID and disk
subsystems commonly used in fault tolerant production environments
- Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live
database systems issues
Core Technologies: Linux, PostgreSQL, Database Administration, Python/
Jython, Java, distributed systems.

BS or better in Computer Science or a related field.

If interested send cover letter and resume to pandora-jobs(at)pandora(dot)com(dot)

pgsql-jobs by date

Next:From: sfrederickDate: 2006-11-08 19:25:36