Re: #Deleted

From: "Henshall, Stuart - Design & Print" <SHenshall(at)westcountry-design-print(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: 'Alain Remont' <alain(dot)remont(at)phenomix(dot)com(dot)au>,pgsql-odbc <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: #Deleted
Date: 2002-10-31 09:11:54
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Alain Remont wrote:
> Have just installed ODBC on a Windows XP machine which talks to a
> Debian Linux PostgreSQL server. The idea is to access some tables on
> the server from MS Access in the XP m/c.
>
> I have a test PostgreSQL database. I manage to connect and list the
> tables. However, when I try to view the tables, a few get filled with
> "#Deleted". The strange thing is that "some" tables load absolutely
> correctly, but several of them do not: they get a series (correct
> number) of rows filled with the string "#Deleted". Oh, the column
> names are also correct.
>
> Is there some simple explanation?
>
> From looking at the tables, I cannot find a "common thread" as to why
> certain tables do not load across.
>
> Would appreciate any pointers.....

As a quick stab in the dark I'd guess that some sort of truncation occurs in
the comparision (either floats or timestamps) so that it thinks that these
rows have changed. I use row versioning with access and this seems to have
worked well for me (although admittedly I don't tend to use raw tables or
datasheets).
- Stuart

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: 황성준Date: 2002-11-02 04:30:51
Subject: an error during connecting to database
Previous:From: Alain RemontDate: 2002-10-31 01:21:34
Subject: #Deleted