Re: Help for incremental backup

From: "Henshall, Stuart - WCP" <SHenshall(at)westcountrypublications(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: 'Neeraj' <neeraj(at)intelesoftech(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Help for incremental backup
Date: 2002-04-30 16:35:19
Lists: pgsql-novice
Currently there is no method for incremental backups :(
There has been some mention of using cutdown WAL files
for this, but nothing has come of this yet so pg_dump
remains the method of backing up.
As a thought it might be possible to setup rserv to feed
everything to another server as a backup method.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help,
- Stuart

> From: Neeraj [mailto:neeraj(at)intelesoftech(dot)com]
>

> Sir
>
>  I m using POSTGRESQL as backend.I need to take the INCREMENTAL backup
> of the database.But I am unable to find any way to fulfill my
> requirement.So its a request to you to help me in this case.
> I will be thankful for this..
>
> Waiting for reply..
>

> Regards
>   Neeraj

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2002-04-30 16:51:50
Previous:From: RobDate: 2002-04-30 13:51:15
Subject: Tricky query