Skip site navigation (1) Skip section navigation (2)

Re: Problems with OLE DB connection to my Postgesql database with

From: "Henshall, Stuart - WCP" <SHenshall(at)westcountrypublications(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'paallen(at)attglobal(dot)net'" <paallen(at)attglobal(dot)net>, "pgsql-ODBC (E-mail)" <pgsql-ODBC(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problems with OLE DB connection to my Postgesql database with
Date: 2002-01-30 09:34:50
Message-ID: E2870D8CE1CCD311BAF50008C71EDE8E01F747B1@MAIL_EXCHANGE (view raw or flat)
Thread:
Lists: pgsql-odbc
It looks to me like ArcView is trying to use schema.name, however postgresql
doesn't support schema's yet. Try looking for a disable schema setting.
Another thought is to maybe try createing views called ".tablename" however
this would necessatate it always being referred to in speechmarks, which
arcview doesn't seem to do automatically (maybe an option for it though). 
Cheers,
- Stuart

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Phillip J. Allen [mailto:paallen(at)attglobal(dot)net]
> Sent: 29 January 2002 19:51
> To: pgsql-ODBC (E-mail)
> Subject: Problems with OLE DB connection to my Postgesql database with
> ODBC drivers
> 
> 
> Hi all,
> 
> I am trying to get the new ArcView 8.1 to open up my data in a
> PostgreSQL linux server.  I am using PostgreSQL 7.1.2 and
> ODBC-PostgreSQL 7.01.00.09.  Now I have set up my "System 
> DNS" properly
> and all works fine with connecting MS Access97 to the PG database.
> 
> Now the new ArcView 8.1 does not use ODBC directly but "OLE DB".  From
> within the ArcCatalog when I setup my connection I select "OLE DB
> Provider for ODBC Providers" and select the "System DNS" that I know
> works properly.  With this "good" DNS connection, after connecting to
> the database when I look at the available tables in my 
> database all the
> tables names appears with a "." Before them (.tablename).  Then when I
> try to browse the table I get an error.  My limited knowledge of sql
> logs can see that it is try to pass the query "Select * from
> .tablename;".
> 
> Is there a problem with the OLE DB and ODBC drivers?  Has anyone ever
> accessed Postgresql with OLE DB before?  If I link the 
> Postgresql tables
> into a MS Access database and try to open a Selection query of the pg
> tables all works fine.  This is a solution for the short term but I
> would like to avoid using a middle layer of MS Access.
> 
> Any help will be surely appreciated.
> 
> Below I have added my odbc logs and psqlodbc logs.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Phillip J. Allen
> Consulting Geochemist/Geologist
> Lima Peru
> e-mail: paallen(at)attglobal(dot)net
> 
> My pgsqlodbc.log
> Global Options: Version='07.01.0009', fetch=100, socket=4096,
> unknown_sizes=0, max_varchar_size=256, max_longvarchar_size=8190
>                 disable_optimizer=1, ksqo=1, unique_index=1,
> use_declarefetch=1
>                 text_as_longvarchar=1, unknowns_as_longvarchar=0,
> bools_as_char=0
>                 extra_systable_prefixes='', conn_settings=''
> conn=94137712, query=' '
> conn=94137712, query='set DateStyle to 'ISO''
> conn=94137712, query='set geqo to 'OFF''
> conn=94137712, query='set ksqo to 'ON''
> conn=94137712, query='BEGIN'
> conn=94137712, query='declare SQL_CUR059D0D60 cursor for 
> select oid from
> pg_type where typname='lo''
> conn=94137712, query='fetch 100 in SQL_CUR059D0D60'
>     [ fetched 0 rows ]
> conn=94137712, query='close SQL_CUR059D0D60'
> conn=94137712, query='END'
> conn=94137712, query='BEGIN'
> conn=94137712, query='declare SQL_CUR059D0D60 cursor for select
> version()'
> conn=94137712, query='fetch 100 in SQL_CUR059D0D60'
>     [ fetched 1 rows ]
>     [ PostgreSQL version string = 'PostgreSQL 7.1.2 on
> i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC 2.96' ]
>     [ PostgreSQL version number = '7.1' ]
> conn=94137712, query='close SQL_CUR059D0D60'
> conn=94137712, query='END'
> conn=94137712,
> PGAPI_DriverConnect(out)='DSN=mhc_biblio;DATABASE=mhc_biblio;S
> ERVER=MHCGEO01A;PORT=5432;UID=paallen;PWD=pjallen;READONLY=0;P
> ROTOCOL=6.4;FAKEOIDINDEX=1;SHOWOIDCOLUMN=0;ROWVERSIONING=0;SHO
> WSYSTEMTABLES=0;CONNSETTINGS=;FETCH=100;SOCKET=4096;UNKNOWNSIZ
> ES=0;MAXVARCHARSIZE=256;MAXLONGVARCHARSIZE=8190;DEBUG=1;COMMLO
> G=1;OPTIMIZER=1;KSQO=1;USEDECLAREFETCH=1;TEXTASLONGVARCHAR=1;U
> NKNOWNSASLONGVARCHAR=0;BOOLSASCHAR=0;PARSE=1;CANCELASFREESTMT=
> 1;EXTRASYSTABLEPREFIXES='
> 
> conn=94137712, PGAPI_Disconnect
> Global Options: Version='07.01.0009', fetch=100, socket=4096,
> unknown_sizes=0, max_varchar_size=256, max_longvarchar_size=8190
>                 disable_optimizer=1, ksqo=1, unique_index=1,
> use_declarefetch=1
>                 text_as_longvarchar=1, unknowns_as_longvarchar=0,
> bools_as_char=0
>                 extra_systable_prefixes='', conn_settings=''
> conn=94137712, query=' '
> conn=94137712, query='set DateStyle to 'ISO''
> conn=94137712, query='set geqo to 'OFF''
> conn=94137712, query='set ksqo to 'ON''
> conn=94137712, query='BEGIN'
> conn=94137712, query='declare SQL_CUR059D0D60 cursor for 
> select oid from
> pg_type where typname='lo''
> conn=94137712, query='fetch 100 in SQL_CUR059D0D60'
>     [ fetched 0 rows ]
> conn=94137712, query='close SQL_CUR059D0D60'
> conn=94137712, query='END'
> conn=94137712, query='BEGIN'
> conn=94137712, query='declare SQL_CUR059D0D60 cursor for select
> version()'
> conn=94137712, query='fetch 100 in SQL_CUR059D0D60'
>     [ fetched 1 rows ]
>     [ PostgreSQL version string = 'PostgreSQL 7.1.2 on
> i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC 2.96' ]
>     [ PostgreSQL version number = '7.1' ]
> conn=94137712, query='close SQL_CUR059D0D60'
> conn=94137712, query='END'
> conn=94137712,
> PGAPI_DriverConnect(out)='DSN=mhc_biblio;DATABASE=mhc_biblio;S
> ERVER=MHCGEO01A;PORT=5432;UID=paallen;PWD=pjallen;READONLY=0;P
> ROTOCOL=6.4;FAKEOIDINDEX=1;SHOWOIDCOLUMN=0;ROWVERSIONING=0;SHO
> WSYSTEMTABLES=0;CONNSETTINGS=;FETCH=100;SOCKET=4096;UNKNOWNSIZ
> ES=0;MAXVARCHARSIZE=256;MAXLONGVARCHARSIZE=8190;DEBUG=1;COMMLO
> G=1;OPTIMIZER=1;KSQO=1;USEDECLAREFETCH=1;TEXTASLONGVARCHAR=1;U
> NKNOWNSASLONGVARCHAR=0;BOOLSASCHAR=0;PARSE=1;CANCELASFREESTMT=
> 1;EXTRASYSTABLEPREFIXES='
> 
> conn=94137712, PGAPI_Disconnect
> Global Options: Version='07.01.0009', fetch=100, socket=4096,
> unknown_sizes=0, max_varchar_size=256, max_longvarchar_size=8190
>                 disable_optimizer=1, ksqo=1, unique_index=1,
> use_declarefetch=1
>                 text_as_longvarchar=1, unknowns_as_longvarchar=0,
> bools_as_char=0
>                 extra_systable_prefixes='', conn_settings=''
> conn=94137712, query=' '
> conn=94137712, query='set DateStyle to 'ISO''
> conn=94137712, query='set geqo to 'OFF''
> conn=94137712, query='set ksqo to 'ON''
> conn=94137712, query='BEGIN'
> conn=94137712, query='declare SQL_CUR059D0D60 cursor for 
> select oid from
> pg_type where typname='lo''
> conn=94137712, query='fetch 100 in SQL_CUR059D0D60'
>     [ fetched 0 rows ]
> conn=94137712, query='close SQL_CUR059D0D60'
> conn=94137712, query='END'
> conn=94137712, query='BEGIN'
> conn=94137712, query='declare SQL_CUR059D0D60 cursor for select
> version()'
> conn=94137712, query='fetch 100 in SQL_CUR059D0D60'
>     [ fetched 1 rows ]
>     [ PostgreSQL version string = 'PostgreSQL 7.1.2 on
> i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC 2.96' ]
>     [ PostgreSQL version number = '7.1' ]
> conn=94137712, query='close SQL_CUR059D0D60'
> conn=94137712, query='END'
> conn=94137712,
> PGAPI_DriverConnect(out)='DSN=mhc_biblio;DATABASE=mhc_biblio;S
> ERVER=MHCGEO01A;PORT=5432;UID=paallen;PWD=pjallen;READONLY=0;P
> ROTOCOL=6.4;FAKEOIDINDEX=1;SHOWOIDCOLUMN=0;ROWVERSIONING=0;SHO
> WSYSTEMTABLES=0;CONNSETTINGS=;FETCH=100;SOCKET=4096;UNKNOWNSIZ
> ES=0;MAXVARCHARSIZE=256;MAXLONGVARCHARSIZE=8190;DEBUG=1;COMMLO
> G=1;OPTIMIZER=1;KSQO=1;USEDECLAREFETCH=1;TEXTASLONGVARCHAR=1;U
> NKNOWNSASLONGVARCHAR=0;BOOLSASCHAR=0;PARSE=1;CANCELASFREESTMT=
> 1;EXTRASYSTABLEPREFIXES='
> 
> CONN ERROR: func=PGAPI_GetConnectOption, desc='fOption=1209',
> errnum=205, errmsg='Unknown connect option (Get)'
>             
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> 
>             henv=94179184, conn=94137712, status=1, num_stmts=16
>             sock=94179136, stmts=94179056, lobj_type=-999
>             ---------------- Socket Info 
> -------------------------------
> 
>             socket=536, reverse=0, errornumber=0, errormsg='(NULL)'
>             buffer_in=94148632, buffer_out=94152736
>             buffer_filled_in=9, buffer_filled_out=0, buffer_read_in=9
> conn=94137712, query='BEGIN'
> conn=94137712, query='declare SQL_CUR059D05C0 cursor for 
> select relname,
> usename, relkind from pg_class, pg_user where relkind in 
> ('r', 'v') and
> relname !~ '^pg_' and usesysid = relowner order by relname'
> conn=94137712, query='fetch 100 in SQL_CUR059D05C0'
>     [ fetched 24 rows ]
> conn=94137712, query='close SQL_CUR059D05C0'
> conn=94137712, query='END'
> conn=94137712, query='BEGIN'
> conn=94137712, query='declare SQL_CUR059D0D60 cursor for SELECT * FROM
> .biblio'
> ERROR from backend during send_query: 'ERROR:  parser: parse 
> error at or
> near "."'
> conn=94137712, query='ABORT'
> STATEMENT ERROR: func=SC_execute, desc='', errnum=7, 
> errmsg='Error while
> executing the query'
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------
>                  hdbc=94137712, stmt=94178656, result=94178416
>                  manual_result=0, prepare=0, internal=0
>                  bindings=0, bindings_allocated=0
>                  parameters=0, parameters_allocated=0
>                  statement_type=0, statement='SELECT * FROM .biblio'
>                  stmt_with_params='declare SQL_CUR059D0D60 cursor for
> SELECT * FROM .biblio'
>                  data_at_exec=-1, current_exec_param=-1, put_data=0
>                  currTuple=-1, current_col=-1, lobj_fd=-1
>                  maxRows=0, rowset_size=1, keyset_size=0, 
> cursor_type=0,
> scroll_concurrency=1
>                  cursor_name='SQL_CUR059D0D60'
>                  ----------------QResult Info
> -------------------------------
>                  fields=94178384, manual_tuples=0, backend_tuples=0,
> tupleField=0, conn=0
>                  fetch_count=0, fcount=0, num_fields=0, 
> cursor='(NULL)'
>                  message='(NULL)', command='(NULL)', notice='(NULL)'
>                  status=7, inTuples=0
> CONN ERROR: func=SC_execute, desc='', errnum=110, errmsg='ERROR:
> parser: parse error at or near "."'
>             
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> 
>             henv=94179184, conn=94137712, status=1, num_stmts=16
>             sock=94179136, stmts=94179056, lobj_type=-999
>             ---------------- Socket Info 
> -------------------------------
> 
>             socket=536, reverse=0, errornumber=0, errormsg='(NULL)'
>             buffer_in=94148632, buffer_out=94152736
>             buffer_filled_in=11, buffer_filled_out=0, 
> buffer_read_in=11
> conn=94137712, query='BEGIN'
> conn=94137712, query='declare SQL_CUR059D0D60 cursor for SELECT * FROM
> .biblio'
> ERROR from backend during send_query: 'ERROR:  parser: parse 
> error at or
> near "."'
> conn=94137712, query='ABORT'
> STATEMENT ERROR: func=SC_execute, desc='', errnum=7, 
> errmsg='Error while
> executing the query'
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------
>                  hdbc=94137712, stmt=94178656, result=94178416
>                  manual_result=0, prepare=0, internal=0
>                  bindings=0, bindings_allocated=0
>                  parameters=0, parameters_allocated=0
>                  statement_type=0, statement='SELECT * FROM .biblio'
>                  stmt_with_params='declare SQL_CUR059D0D60 cursor for
> SELECT * FROM .biblio'
>                  data_at_exec=-1, current_exec_param=-1, put_data=0
>                  currTuple=-1, current_col=-1, lobj_fd=-1
>                  maxRows=0, rowset_size=1, keyset_size=0, 
> cursor_type=0,
> scroll_concurrency=1
>                  cursor_name='SQL_CUR059D0D60'
>                  ----------------QResult Info
> -------------------------------
>                  fields=94178384, manual_tuples=0, backend_tuples=0,
> tupleField=0, conn=0
>                  fetch_count=0, fcount=0, num_fields=0, 
> cursor='(NULL)'
>                  message='(NULL)', command='(NULL)', notice='(NULL)'
>                  status=7, inTuples=0
> CONN ERROR: func=SC_execute, desc='', errnum=110, errmsg='ERROR:
> parser: parse error at or near "."'
>             
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> 
>             henv=94179184, conn=94137712, status=1, num_stmts=16
>             sock=94179136, stmts=94179056, lobj_type=-999
>             ---------------- Socket Info 
> -------------------------------
> 
>             socket=536, reverse=0, errornumber=0, errormsg='(NULL)'
>             buffer_in=94148632, buffer_out=94152736
>             buffer_filled_in=11, buffer_filled_out=0, 
> buffer_read_in=11
> conn=94137712, PGAPI_Disconnect
> 
> 
> MY MYLOG.log file (partial, it is 69 pages long)
> 
> CC_connect: entering...
> CC_connect(): DSN = 'mhc_biblio', server = 'MHCGEO01A', port = '5432',
> database = 'mhc_biblio', username = 'paallen', password='pjallen'
> connecting to the server socket...
> connection to the server socket succeeded.
> sizeof startup packet = 292
> sent the authentication block.
> sent the authentication block successfully.
> gonna do authentication
> read 5, global_socket_buffersize=4096
> auth got 'R'
> areq = 0
> read 10, global_socket_buffersize=4096
> auth got 'K'
> auth got 'Z'
> sending an empty query...
> send_query(): conn=94137712, query=' '
> send_query: done sending query
> read 3, global_socket_buffersize=4096
> send_query: got id = 'I'
> in QR_Constructor
> exit QR_Constructor
> send_query: got id = 'Z'
> QResult: in DESTRUCTOR
> QResult: free memory in, fcount=0
> QResult: free memory out
> QResult: exit DESTRUCTOR
> empty query seems to be OK.
> CC_send_settings: entering...
> PGAPI_AllocStmt: entering...
> **** PGAPI_AllocStmt: hdbc = 94137712, stmt = 94178656
> CC_add_statement: self=94137712, stmt=94178656
> PGAPI_ExecDirect: entering...
> **** PGAPI_ExecDirect: hstmt=94178656, statement='set DateStyle to
> 'ISO''
> PGAPI_ExecDirect: calling PGAPI_Execute...
> PGAPI_Execute: entering...
> PGAPI_Execute: clear errors...
> PGAPI_Execute: copying statement params: trans_status=1, len=22,
> stmt='set DateStyle to 'ISO''
>    stmt_with_params = 'set DateStyle to 'ISO''
>       it's NOT a select statement: stmt=94178656
> send_query(): conn=94137712, query='set DateStyle to 'ISO''
> send_query: done sending query
> read 15, global_socket_buffersize=4096
> send_query: got id = 'C'
> send_query: ok - 'C' - SET VARIABLE
> in QR_Constructor
> exit QR_Constructor
> send_query: setting cmdbuffer = 'SET VARIABLE'
> send_query: returning res = 94178416
> send_query: got id = 'Z'
> PGAPI_ExecDirect: returned 0 from PGAPI_Execute
> CC_send_settings: result 0, status 1 from set DateStyle
> PGAPI_ExecDirect: entering...
> **** PGAPI_ExecDirect: hstmt=94178656, statement='set geqo to 'OFF''
> PGAPI_ExecDirect: calling PGAPI_Execute...
> PGAPI_Execute: entering...
> PGAPI_Execute: clear errors...
> PGAPI_Execute: recycling statement (should have been done by app)...
> recycle statement: self= 94178656
> QResult: in DESTRUCTOR
> QResult: free memory in, fcount=0
> QResult: free memory out
> QResult: exit DESTRUCTOR
> SC_free_params:  ENTER, self=94178656
> PGAPI_Execute: copying statement params: trans_status=1, len=17,
> stmt='set geqo to 'OFF''
>    stmt_with_params = 'set geqo to 'OFF''
>       it's NOT a select statement: stmt=94178656
> send_query(): conn=94137712, query='set geqo to 'OFF''
> send_query: done sending query
> read 15, global_socket_buffersize=4096
> send_query: got id = 'C'
> send_query: ok - 'C' - SET VARIABLE
> in QR_Constructor
> exit QR_Constructor
> send_query: setting cmdbuffer = 'SET VARIABLE'
> send_query: returning res = 94178416
> send_query: got id = 'Z'
> PGAPI_ExecDirect: returned 0 from PGAPI_Execute
> CC_send_settings: result 0, status 1 from set geqo
> PGAPI_ExecDirect: entering...
> **** PGAPI_ExecDirect: hstmt=94178656, statement='set ksqo to 'ON''
> PGAPI_ExecDirect: calling PGAPI_Execute...
> PGAPI_Execute: entering...
> PGAPI_Execute: clear errors...
> PGAPI_Execute: recycling statement (should have been done by app)...
> recycle statement: self= 94178656
> QResult: in DESTRUCTOR
> QResult: free memory in, fcount=0
> QResult: free memory out
> QResult: exit DESTRUCTOR
> SC_free_params:  ENTER, self=94178656
> PGAPI_Execute: copying statement params: trans_status=1, len=16,
> stmt='set ksqo to 'ON''
>    stmt_with_params = 'set ksqo to 'ON''
>       it's NOT a select statement: stmt=94178656
> send_query(): conn=94137712, query='set ksqo to 'ON''
> send_query: done sending query
> read 15, global_socket_buffersize=4096
> send_query: got id = 'C'
> send_query: ok - 'C' - SET VARIABLE
> in QR_Constructor
> exit QR_Constructor
> send_query: setting cmdbuffer = 'SET VARIABLE'
> send_query: returning res = 94178416
> send_query: got id = 'Z'
> PGAPI_ExecDirect: returned 0 from PGAPI_Execute
> CC_send_settings: result 0, status 1 from set ksqo
> PGAPI_FreeStmt: entering...hstmt=94178656, fOption=1
> QResult: in DESTRUCTOR
> QResult: free memory in, fcount=0
> QResult: free memory out
> QResult: exit DESTRUCTOR
> SC_Destructor: self=94178656, self->result=0, self->hdbc=94137712
> SC_free_params:  ENTER, self=94178656
> SC_Destructor: EXIT
> CC_lookup_lo: entering...
> PGAPI_AllocStmt: entering...
> **** PGAPI_AllocStmt: hdbc = 94137712, stmt = 94178656
> CC_add_statement: self=94137712, stmt=94178656
> PGAPI_ExecDirect: entering...
> **** PGAPI_ExecDirect: hstmt=94178656, statement='select oid from
> pg_type where typname='lo''
> PGAPI_ExecDirect: calling PGAPI_Execute...
> PGAPI_Execute: entering...
> PGAPI_Execute: clear errors...
> PGAPI_Execute: copying statement params: trans_status=1, len=42,
> stmt='select oid from pg_type where typname='lo''
>    stmt_with_params = 'declare SQL_CUR059D0D60 cursor for select oid
> from pg_type where typname='lo''
>    about to begin a transaction on statement = 94178656
> send_query(): conn=94137712, query='BEGIN'
> send_query: done sending query
> read 8, global_socket_buffersize=4096
> send_query: got id = 'C'
> send_query: ok - 'C' - BEGIN
> in QR_Constructor
> exit QR_Constructor
> send_query: setting cmdbuffer = 'BEGIN'
> send_query: returning res = 94176880
> send_query: got id = 'Z'
> SC_exec: begin ok = 1, status = 1
> QResult: in DESTRUCTOR
> QResult: free memory in, fcount=0
> QResult: free memory out
> QResult: exit DESTRUCTOR
>        Sending SELECT statement on stmt=94178656,
> cursor_name='SQL_CUR059D0D60'
> send_query(): conn=94137712, query='declare SQL_CUR059D0D60 cursor for
> select oid from pg_type where typname='lo''
> send_query: done sending query
> read 9, global_socket_buffersize=4096
> send_query: got id = 'C'
> send_query: ok - 'C' - SELECT
> in QR_Constructor
> exit QR_Constructor
> send_query: setting cmdbuffer = 'SELECT'
> send_query: returning res = 94176880
> send_query: got id = 'Z'
> QResult: in DESTRUCTOR
> QResult: free memory in, fcount=0
> QResult: free memory out
> QResult: exit DESTRUCTOR
> send_query(): conn=94137712, query='fetch 100 in SQL_CUR059D0D60'
> send_query: done sending query
> read 42, global_socket_buffersize=4096
> send_query: got id = 'P'
> send_query: got id = 'T'
> in QR_Constructor
> exit QR_Constructor
> send_query: 'T' no result_in: res = 94176880
> QR_fetch_tuples: cursor = 'SQL_CUR059D0D60', self->cursor=0
> num_fields = 1
> READING ATTTYPMOD
> CI_read_fields: fieldname='oid', adtid=26, adtsize=4, atttypmod=-1
> QR_fetch_tuples: past CI_read_fields: num_fields = 1
> MALLOC: tuple_size = 100, size = 800
> next_tuple: inTuples = true, falling through: fcount = 101, 
> fetch_count
> = 101
> end of tuple list -- setting inUse to false: this = 94176880
> _next_tuple: 'C': DONE (fcount == 0)
> send_query: got id = 'Z'
>      done sending the query:
> extend_bindings: entering ... stmt=94178656, bindings_allocated=0,
> num_columns=1
> exit extend_bindings
> PGAPI_ExecDirect: returned 0 from PGAPI_Execute
> PGAPI_Fetch: stmt = 94178656, stmt->result= 94176880
> manual_result = 0, use_declarefetch = 1
> next_tuple: fcount < CACHE_SIZE: fcount = 0, fetch_count = 0
> **** SC_fetch: end_tuples
> PGAPI_FreeStmt: entering...hstmt=94178656, fOption=1
> QResult: in DESTRUCTOR
> QResult: closing cursor: 'close SQL_CUR059D0D60'
> send_query(): conn=94137712, query='close SQL_CUR059D0D60'
> send_query: done sending query
> read 8, global_socket_buffersize=4096
> send_query: got id = 'C'
> send_query: ok - 'C' - CLOSE
> in QR_Constructor
> exit QR_Constructor
> send_query: setting cmdbuffer = 'CLOSE'
> send_query: returning res = 94175856
> send_query: got id = 'Z'
> QResult: in DESTRUCTOR
> QResult: free memory in, fcount=0
> QResult: free memory out
> QResult: exit DESTRUCTOR
> CC_cursor_count: self=94137712, num_stmts=16
> CC_cursor_count: returning 0
> QResult: END transaction on conn=94137712
> send_query(): conn=94137712, query='END'
> send_query: done sending query
> read 9, global_socket_buffersize=4096
> send_query: got id = 'C'
> send_query: ok - 'C' - COMMIT
> in QR_Constructor
> exit QR_Constructor
> send_query: setting cmdbuffer = 'COMMIT'
> send_query: returning res = 94175856
> send_query: got id = 'Z'
> QResult: in DESTRUCTOR
> QResult: free memory in, fcount=0
> QResult: free memory out
> QResult: exit DESTRUCTOR
> QResult: free memory in, fcount=0
> QResult: free memory out
> QResult: exit DESTRUCTOR
> SC_Destructor: self=94178656, self->result=0, self->hdbc=94137712
> SC_free_params:  ENTER, self=94178656
> SC_Destructor: EXIT
> CC_lookup_pg_version: entering...
> PGAPI_AllocStmt: entering...
> **** PGAPI_AllocStmt: hdbc = 94137712, stmt = 94178656
> CC_add_statement: self=94137712, stmt=94178656
> PGAPI_ExecDirect: entering...
> **** PGAPI_ExecDirect: hstmt=94178656, statement='select version()'
> PGAPI_ExecDirect: calling PGAPI_Execute...
> PGAPI_Execute: entering...
> PGAPI_Execute: clear errors...
> PGAPI_Execute: copying statement params: trans_status=1, len=16,
> stmt='select version()'
>    stmt_with_params = 'declare SQL_CUR059D0D60 cursor for select
> version()'
>    about to begin a transaction on statement = 94178656
> send_query(): conn=94137712, query='BEGIN'
> send_query: done sending query
> read 8, global_socket_buffersize=4096
> send_query: got id = 'C'
> send_query: ok - 'C' - BEGIN
> in QR_Constructor
> exit QR_Constructor
> send_query: setting cmdbuffer = 'BEGIN'
> send_query: returning res = 94178416
> send_query: got id = 'Z'
> SC_exec: begin ok = 1, status = 1
> QResult: in DESTRUCTOR
> QResult: free memory in, fcount=0
> QResult: free memory out
> QResult: exit DESTRUCTOR
>        Sending SELECT statement on stmt=94178656,
> cursor_name='SQL_CUR059D0D60'
> send_query(): conn=94137712, query='declare SQL_CUR059D0D60 cursor for
> select version()'
> send_query: done sending query
> read 9, global_socket_buffersize=4096
> send_query: got id = 'C'
> send_query: ok - 'C' - SELECT
> in QR_Constructor
> exit QR_Constructor
> send_query: setting cmdbuffer = 'SELECT'
> send_query: returning res = 94178416
> send_query: got id = 'Z'
> QResult: in DESTRUCTOR
> QResult: free memory in, fcount=0
> QResult: free memory out
> QResult: exit DESTRUCTOR
> send_query(): conn=94137712, query='fetch 100 in SQL_CUR059D0D60'
> send_query: done sending query
> read 111, global_socket_buffersize=4096
> send_query: got id = 'P'
> send_query: got id = 'T'
> in QR_Constructor
> exit QR_Constructor
> send_query: 'T' no result_in: res = 94178416
> QR_fetch_tuples: cursor = 'SQL_CUR059D0D60', self->cursor=0
> num_fields = 1
> READING ATTTYPMOD
> CI_read_fields: fieldname='version', adtid=25, adtsize=-1, 
> atttypmod=-1
> QR_fetch_tuples: past CI_read_fields: num_fields = 1
> MALLOC: tuple_size = 100, size = 800
> next_tuple: inTuples = true, falling through: fcount = 101, 
> fetch_count
> = 101
> qresult: len=59, buffer='PostgreSQL 7.1.2 on 
> i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled
> by GCC 2.96'
> end of tuple list -- setting inUse to false: this = 94178416
> _next_tuple: 'C' fetch_max && fcount = 1
> send_query: got id = 'Z'
>      done sending the query:
> extend_bindings: entering ... stmt=94178656, bindings_allocated=0,
> num_columns=1
> exit extend_bindings
> PGAPI_ExecDirect: returned 0 from PGAPI_Execute
> PGAPI_Fetch: stmt = 94178656, stmt->result= 94178416
> manual_result = 0, use_declarefetch = 1
> next_tuple: fetch_count < fcount: returning tuple 0, fcount = 1
> fetch: cols=1, lf=0, self = 94178656, self->bindings = 94175904,
> buffer[] = 0
> PGAPI_GetData: enter, stmt=94178656
>   socket: value = 'PostgreSQL 7.1.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by
> GCC 2.96'
> **** PGAPI_GetData: icol = 0, fCType = 1, field_type = 25, value =
> 'PostgreSQL 7.1.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC 2.96'
> copy_and_convert: field_type = 25, fctype = 1, value = 
> 'PostgreSQL 7.1.2
> on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC 2.96', cbValueMax=128
> DEFAULT: len = 59, ptr = 'PostgreSQL 7.1.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu,
> compiled by GCC 2.96'
>     SQL_C_CHAR, default: len = 59, cbValueMax = 128, rgbValueBindRow =
> 'PostgreSQL 7.1.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC 2.96'
> Got the PostgreSQL version string: 'PostgreSQL 7.1.2 on
> i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC 2.96'
> Extracted PostgreSQL version number: '7.1'
> PGAPI_FreeStmt: entering...hstmt=94178656, fOption=1
> QResult: in DESTRUCTOR
> QResult: closing cursor: 'close SQL_CUR059D0D60'
> send_query(): conn=94137712, query='close SQL_CUR059D0D60'
> send_query: done sending query
> read 8, global_socket_buffersize=4096
> send_query: got id = 'C'
> send_query: ok - 'C' - CLOSE
> in QR_Constructor
> exit QR_Constructor
> send_query: setting cmdbuffer = 'CLOSE'
> send_query: returning res = 94175808
> send_query: got id = 'Z'
> QResult: in DESTRUCTOR
> QResult: free memory in, fcount=0
> QResult: free memory out
> QResult: exit DESTRUCTOR
> CC_cursor_count: self=94137712, num_stmts=16
> CC_cursor_count: returning 0
> QResult: END transaction on conn=94137712
> send_query(): conn=94137712, query='END'
> send_query: done sending query
> read 9, global_socket_buffersize=4096
> send_query: got id = 'C'
> send_query: ok - 'C' - COMMIT
> in QR_Constructor
> exit QR_Constructor
> send_query: setting cmdbuffer = 'COMMIT'
> send_query: returning res = 94175808
> send_query: got id = 'Z'
> QResult: in DESTRUCTOR
> QResult: free memory in, fcount=0
> QResult: free memory out
> QResult: exit DESTRUCTOR
> QResult: free memory in, fcount=1
> row = 0, num_fields = 1
> free [lf=0] 94175968
> QResult: free memory out
> QResult: exit DESTRUCTOR
> SC_Destructor: self=94178656, self->result=0, self->hdbc=94137712
> SC_free_params:  ENTER, self=94178656
> SC_Destructor: EXIT
> CC_connect: returning...
> szConnStrOut =
> 'DSN=mhc_biblio;DATABASE=mhc_biblio;SERVER=MHCGEO01A;PORT=5432
> ;UID=paallen;PWD=pjallen;READONLY=0;PROTOCOL=6.4;FAKEOIDINDEX=
> 1;SHOWOIDCOLUMN=0;ROWVERSIONING=0;SHOWSYSTEMTABLES=0;CONNSETTI
> NGS=;FETCH=100;SOCKET=4096;UNKNOWNSIZES=0;MAXVARCHARSIZE=256;M
> AXLONGVARCHARSIZE=8190;DEBUG=1;COMMLOG=1;OPTIMIZER=1;KSQO=1;US
> EDECLAREFETCH=1;TEXTASLONGVARCHAR=1;UNKNOWNSASLONGVARCHAR=0;BO
> OLSASCHAR=0;PARSE=1;CANCELASFREESTMT=1;EXTRASYSTABLEPREFIXES='
> len=432,1024
> PGAPI_DRiverConnect: returning 0
> [SQLError]**** PGAPI_Error: henv=0, hdbc=94137712, hstmt=0 <512>
> calling CC_get_error
> enter CC_get_error
> enter CC_create_errormsg
> msg = ''
> exit CC_create_errormsg
> exit CC_get_error
> CC_Get_error returned nothing.
> [SQLGetFunctions]PGAPI_GetFunctions: entering...0
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=23
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=2, value=1, cbMax=2
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=24
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=2, value=1, cbMax=2
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=79
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=4, value=3, cbMax=4
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=83
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=4, value=0, cbMax=4
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=78
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=4, value=1, cbMax=4
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=81
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=4, value=15, cbMax=4
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=72
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=4, value=2, cbMax=4
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=82
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=4, value=0, cbMax=4
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=44
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=4, value=1, cbMax=4
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=43
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=4, value=1, cbMax=4
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=79
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=4, value=3, cbMax=4
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=8
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=4, value=1, cbMax=4
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=80
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=4, value=0, cbMax=4
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=78
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=4, value=1, cbMax=4
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=79
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=4, value=3, cbMax=4
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=8
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=4, value=1, cbMax=4
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=80
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=4, value=0, cbMax=4
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=78
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=4, value=1, cbMax=4
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=79
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=4, value=3, cbMax=4
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=8
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=4, value=1, cbMax=4
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=80
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=4, value=0, cbMax=4
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=78
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=4, value=1, cbMax=4
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=8
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=4, value=1, cbMax=4
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=80
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=4, value=0, cbMax=4
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=111
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='N', len=0, value=0, cbMax=512
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=16
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='', len=0, value=0, cbMax=0
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=23
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=2, value=1, cbMax=4
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=24
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=2, value=1, cbMax=4
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=46
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=2, value=2, cbMax=4
> [SQLSetConnectionOption]PGAPI_SetConnectOption: entering fOption = 1
> vParam = 0
> SetStmtOption(): SQL_MAX_ROWS, vParam = 0
> [SQLSetConnectionOption]PGAPI_SetConnectOption: entering fOption = 0
> vParam = 0
> SetStmtOption: SQL_QUERY_TIMEOUT, vParam = 0
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=6
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='PSQLODBC.DLL', len=0, value=0, cbMax=52
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=6
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='PSQLODBC.DLL', len=0, value=0, cbMax=52
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=6
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='PSQLODBC.DLL', len=0, value=0, cbMax=52
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=79
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=4, value=3, cbMax=4
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=1
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=2, value=0, cbMax=4
> [SQLGetConnectOption]PGAPI_GetConnectOption: entering...
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=26
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=4, value=2, cbMax=4
> [SQLGetInfo]PGAPI_GetInfo: entering...fInfoType=91
> PGAPI_GetInfo: p='<NULL>', len=4, value=0, cbMax=4
> [SQLDisconnect]PGAPI_Disconnect: entering...
> CC_connect: entering...
> CC_connect(): DSN = 'mhc_biblio', server = 'MHCGEO01A', port = '5432',
> database = 'mhc_biblio', username = 'paallen', password='pjallen'
> connecting to the server socket...
> connection to the server socket succeeded.
> sizeof startup packet = 292
> sent the authentication block.
> sent the authentication block successfully.
> gonna do authentication
> read 5, global_socket_buffersize=4096
> auth got 'R'
> areq = 0
> read 10, global_socket_buffersize=4096
> auth got 'K'
> auth got 'Z'
> sending an empty query...
> send_query(): conn=94137712, query=' '
> send_query: done sending query
> read 3, global_socket_buffersize=4096
> send_query: got id = 'I'
> in QR_Constructor
> exit QR_Constructor
> send_query: got id = 'Z'
> QResult: in DESTRUCTOR
> QResult: free memory in, fcount=0
> QResult: free memory out
> QResult: exit DESTRUCTOR
> empty query seems to be OK.
> CC_send_settings: entering...
> PGAPI_AllocStmt: entering...
> **** PGAPI_AllocStmt: hdbc = 94137712, stmt = 94178656
> CC_add_statement: self=94137712, stmt=94178656
> PGAPI_ExecDirect: entering...
> **** PGAPI_ExecDirect: hstmt=94178656, statement='set DateStyle to
> 'ISO''
> PGAPI_ExecDirect: calling PGAPI_Execute...
> PGAPI_Execute: entering...
> PGAPI_Execute: clear errors...
> PGAPI_Execute: copying statement params: trans_status=1, len=22,
> stmt='set DateStyle to 'ISO''
>    stmt_with_params = 'set DateStyle to 'ISO''
>       it's NOT a select statement: stmt=94178656
> send_query(): conn=94137712, query='set DateStyle to 'ISO''
> send_query: done sending query
> read 15, global_socket_buffersize=4096
> send_query: got id = 'C'
> send_query: ok - 'C' - SET VARIABLE
> in QR_Constructor
> exit QR_Constructor
> send_query: setting cmdbuffer = 'SET VARIABLE'
> send_query: returning res = 94178416
> send_query: got id = 'Z'
> PGAPI_ExecDirect: returned 0 from PGAPI_Execute
> CC_send_settings: result 0, status 1 from set DateStyle
> PGAPI_ExecDirect: entering...
> **** PGAPI_ExecDirect: hstmt=94178656, statement='set geqo to 'OFF''
> PGAPI_ExecDirect: calling PGAPI_Execute...
> PGAPI_Execute: entering...
> PGAPI_Execute: clear errors...
> PGAPI_Execute: recycling statement (should have been done by app)...
> recycle statement: self= 94178656
> QResult: in DESTRUCTOR
> QResult: free memory in, fcount=0
> QResult: free memory out
> QResult: exit DESTRUCTOR
> SC_free_params:  ENTER, self=94178656
> PGAPI_Execute: copying statement params: trans_status=1, len=17,
> stmt='set geqo to 'OFF''
>    stmt_with_params = 'set geqo to 'OFF''
>       it's NOT a select statement: stmt=94178656
> send_query(): conn=94137712, query='set geqo to 'OFF''
> send_query: done sending query
> read 15, global_socket_buffersize=4096
> send_query: got id = 'C'
> send_query: ok - 'C' - SET VARIABLE
> in QR_Constructor
> 
> 
> 
> 

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Hiroshi InoueDate: 2002-02-02 02:17:37
Subject: Re: ISA Server -> ODBC -> PostgreSQL Problem
Previous:From: Hiroshi InoueDate: 2002-01-30 03:47:35
Subject: Re: Problems with OLE DB connection to my Postgesql database with

Privacy Policy | About PostgreSQL
Copyright © 1996-2014 The PostgreSQL Global Development Group