RE: Real compilation error

From: "Henshall, Stuart - WCP" <SHenshall(at)westcountrypublications(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Erwin van den Berg'" <evdberg(at)visualdomain(dot)net>
Cc: "'pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Real compilation error
Date: 2001-08-06 15:06:11
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Hello
	Please cc the list so all may share

Never used MySQL so couldn't comment (when evaluating options it seemed a
bit 'light' IMO, of course your needs may vary).

> > Try 4.1.
>
> Where do I get that?

In the options to install/download there is a section listing all the
packages. If you look to the top right there should be an option with prev.
Use this to select readline-4.1 (I believe you can install over 4.2 if that
is already installed).

> > I think there's a patch hanging around some where that lets you use 4.2
> on
> > cygwin but don't have the foggiest where.
> > FYI: you do know that a version of postgresql comes precompiled now with
> > cygwin?
>
> 7.1.2-3  The problem is that the Postmaster is missing, so it's useless.

I must admit to using my own compilations so that I can set the options and
run regression tests so I'm not sure of how much you need to do. However its
important to realise you must install cygipc (can't remeber exactly where
you get it). Try having a look at these as well:
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/docs/faq-mswin
also
http://techdocs.postgresql.org
and the main site: