RE: Very urgent

From: "Henshall, Stuart - WCP" <SHenshall(at)westcountrypublications(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Gautam Sinha'" <gsinha(at)npi(dot)stpn(dot)soft(dot)net>, pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: Very urgent
Date: 2001-06-13 09:32:33
Lists: pgsql-ports
Hello,
	If you have installed the latest version of cygwin you should
already have a pre-compiled version of postgresql. Try going into the bash
shell (I tend then to run rxvt & to give me an xterm like cli).
	Then at the command line try:
	ipc-daemon &
	initdb <datadir>
	postmaster -i -D <datadir> &
Make sure your path is correctly set up first to be able to see them
(/usr/bin I *think*).
This should then start the postmaster. If you have problems with the
ipc-daemon & then you either don't have it installed, in your path or its
running already (possible as a service).
	You can't (as far as I'm aware) build postgresql using native
windows tools, instead use cygwin.
	Do something like:
	tar -xzvf postgresql-7.1.tar.gz
	cd postgresql-7.1
	./configure
	make
	make install
Hope this helps,
- Stuart

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: Henshall, Stuart - WCPDate: 2001-06-13 09:36:19
Subject: Re: Re: New 7.1.2 RPMS -- 7.1.2-2.PGDG