RE: pg_hba.conf

From: "Henshall, Stuart - WCP" <SHenshall(at)westcountrypublications(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Jose Mercedes'" <jose_mercedes(at)usa(dot)net>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: pg_hba.conf
Date: 2001-06-13 08:32:33
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hello,
	it sounds as if you have different permissions in the pg_hba.conf
file. Is the NT machine also your server? If so then the pg_hba.conf file
has a default to trust the localhost and will therefore accept any valid
username (no need for password) IIRC. Something like the following line
would be the setting for allowing people to connect from any where with by
providing username and password:
	host 	all 	0.0.0.0 	0.0.0.0 	password
for more info see the pg_hba.conf file (and if editing on NT remeber that it
needs UNIX line termination (LF), pgsql-cygwin might be a good list if you
are using cygwin/NT to run PostgreSQL).
- Stuart

pgsql-odbc by date