RE: Re: PostgreSQL on Win98+Cygwin

From: "Henshall, Stuart - WCP" <SHenshall(at)westcountrypublications(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "David A(dot) Cobb" <superbiskit(at)home(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql-Cygwin <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Re: PostgreSQL on Win98+Cygwin
Date: 2001-06-07 08:41:00
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Hello,
	I run it on 98SE for development purposes. However I've never
managed to get it to complete a serial regression test (although under
Cygwin 1.3 it seems to do better than 1.1.7). Also it will reasonably often
have an IPC error when I first connect (I connect via ODBC). Also during so
it'll freeze every so often (although pg_ctl seems better at stopping it
than it used to, still sometimes I have to forecfully kill it).
	So in conclusion, I find it handy for development but wouldn't dream
of using it for anything else.
- Stuart

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: Ilan FaitDate: 2001-06-07 12:21:43