BUG #7742: Bug when backing up databases with default privilegesdefined on public schema

From: me(at)nathanalden(dot)com
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #7742: Bug when backing up databases with default privilegesdefined on public schema
Date: 2012-12-08 02:29:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      7742
Logged by:          Nathan Alden, Sr.
Email address:      me(at)nathanalden(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 9.2.2
Operating system:   Windows 7 x64

This report is more specific than my previous report, bug #7741. Feel free
to delete the old one.

Follow these steps to reproduce:

1. Connect to the postgres DB.
2. Run the following SQL:

create database test_database;

3. Run the following SQL:

create role my_group;

4. Connect to the test_database DB.
5. Run the following SQL:

alter default privileges in schema public grant all on types to my_group;

6. Perform a pg_dump (database backup) and observe the following error:

pg_dump: unknown object type (84) in default privileges

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: meDate: 2012-12-08 02:31:46