pgsql: Avoid holding vmbuffer pin after VACUUM.

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Avoid holding vmbuffer pin after VACUUM.
Date: 2012-12-03 18:57:54
Lists: pgsql-committers
Avoid holding vmbuffer pin after VACUUM.
During VACUUM if we pause to perform a cycle
of index cleanup we drop the vmbuffer pin,
so we should do the same thing when heap
scan completes. This avoids holding vmbuffer
pin across the main index cleanup in VACUUM,
which could be minutes or hours longer than
necessary for correctness.

Bug report and suggested fix from Pavan Deolasee

Branch
------
REL9_1_STABLE

Details