pgsql: Fix archive_cleanup_command.

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)iki(dot)fi>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Fix archive_cleanup_command.
Date: 2012-11-19 08:20:43
Lists: pgsql-committers
Fix archive_cleanup_command.

When I moved ExecuteRecoveryCommand() from xlog.c to xlogarchive.c, I didn't
realize that it's called from the checkpoint process, not the startup
process. I tried to use InRedo variable to decide whether or not to attempt
cleaning up the archive (must not do so before we have read the initial
checkpoint record), but that variable is only valid within the startup

Instead, let ExecuteRecoveryCommand() always clean up the archive, and add
an explicit argument to RestoreArchivedFile() to say whether that's allowed
or not. The caller knows better.

Reported by Erik Rijkers, diagnosis by Fujii Masao. Only 9.3devel is

Modified Files
src/backend/access/transam/timeline.c    |    6 ++--
src/backend/access/transam/xlog.c        |   32 +++++++----------------------
src/backend/access/transam/xlogarchive.c |   18 +++++++++++-----
src/include/access/xlog_internal.h       |    3 +-

pgsql-committers by date